- HomeLet's Start here
- CoursesTraining Courses
- HIPAA Compliance
- Healthcare & OSHA
- Human Resources / EEO
- Professional Skills
- Microsoft Office
- Evolve LMSManage Training
- ContactGet in Touch
Bloodborne Pathogens for Healthcare Workers
Healthcare workers are at high risk for exposure to bloodborne pathogens. This lesson covers the OSHA requirements for minimizing your exposure to bloodborne pathogens through the use of Standard Precautions such as protective clothing and equipment, the appropriate handling of sharps, and the disposal of potentially infectious waste. This course introduces the student to what bloodborne pathogens are, how to reduce the risk of exposure, and precautionary practices that are recommended by OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention). This course is a must for anyone who has contact with infectious or potentially infectious bodily fluids and materials.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- List the basic components of OSHA's bloodborne pathogens standard.
- Describe three common bloodborne diseases and their modes of transmission
- Identify several types of personal protective equipment (PPE), engineering controls and work practices that can help to decrease your risk of exposure.
- Recognize warning labels.
- Define an exposure incident and describe the follow-up required.
- Introduction to Bloodborne Pathogens
- What are Bloodborne Pathogens?
- How BBP’s are transmitted.
- Exposure prevention and the BBP standard
- Requirements for an Exposure Control Plan
- Responding to Emergencies
Medical OSHA Training - Features and Benefits
- Course material is engaging and accurate.
- Online content, quiz, and test questions are directed to the content provided in the course and are based on proven adult learning theory principles.
- Interactivities are used to engage the learner and hold his or her interest.
- Includes course certificate of completion for each student and course completion reports for proof of compliance.
- Learners and administrators have 24 x 7 access to courses and reporting features.
- Audio narration that can be muted for crowded office environments plus audio transcript available in the course.
- Non-graded knowledge checks to reinforce lesson objectives.
- Bookmarking so learners can reopen the course to continue at page in the course where it was previously closed.
- Relevant images and animations are used throughout the course.
- The course mobile compatible to run on IOS and Android mobile devices.
- Unlimited times to pass end-of course-assessment with 80% minimum passing score.
Estimated Time: 25 Minutes
Customized Off-the-Shelf Content
- Custom Training Pages & Quiz Questions Add and edit training pages, knowledge check questions or assessment questions to highlight your specific policies and procedures. This includes adding all-new pages with custom animations, images, and voiceover; customizing pop-ups; and adding any additional course pages that might be required.
- Executive Introduction & Conclusion Including an introduction or conclusion from your CEO or other executive can make a strong impression on learners, indicating to them the importance of the training and your management’s strong and commitment to compliance.
- Role-Based Custom Training for Specific Audiences Some of our training modules can be mixed and matched to create specific training programs for specific audiences or training requirements. This modular approach allows you to quickly and easily deploy the topics that are most relevant to your current compliance challenges.
Copyrights © 2016 & All Rights Reserved by Evolve Technologies, Inc.